Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme that was created over at The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks topic is the best books so far of 2017! I have read 37 books so far this year, and this list is my top ten in the order in which I read them.
1. The Wonder by Emma Donoghue– I adore historical fiction. This book is haunting and atmospheric. A very unique story, and so well done. Emma Donoghue has become one of my favourite authors.
2. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent– Exactly the type of book that I love- atmospheric, dreary, heartbreaking. Read this book in January and I still think about it from time to time.
3. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk– I have never seen the movie, so the ending completely surprised me! I just love when I am completely taken off guard by a book because that rarely happens anymore. I was not expecting to love Fight Club as much as I did. The one word I would use to describe this book is BRILLIANT!
4. An Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman– My first Neil Gaiman novel, and I can say for sure that I will be reading more of his work! I loved the creepy, yet nostalgic feeling that I had while reading this book.
5. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir– This book totally lived up to the hype! The story managed to feel fresh, and the writing was really great.
6. Swimming Lessons by Clair Fuller– Honestly not a lot happens in this book, and it is very character driven, but I really loved it! The writing is stunning, and thought provoking.
9. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid– This novel is phenomenal! Evelyn Hugo has become one of my favourite characters- she is flawed, arrogant, and so real!
10. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas– This book is just as good as everyone says it is. The story is so relevant and important that I think everyone should read this novel.
Have you read any of these books? Do you agree or disagree with my opinion? I would love to know!