I was tagged by the lovely Donna @ The Untitled Book Blog! Thank you so much!
The rules are:
- You must be honest
- You can’t not answer a question
- You have to tag at least four people
- Which book has been on your shelves the longest?
Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White! I have had this book on my shelf since I was a kid.
- What is your current read, your last read and the book you’ll read next?
Current Read- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi, Last Read- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, Next Read- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff & Anne Kaufman
- What book(s) did everyone like and you hated?
I didn’t hate this book but I am going to go with Everything, Everything! I really enjoyed the first half, but then the predictable ‘twist’ happened and just ruined the whole thing for me!
- Which book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
Les Miserable by Victor Hugo- I have a beautiful edition, and I always think one day I will get to it, but if I am being honest with myself ‘one day’ is never going to come.
- Which book are you saving for “retirement”?
Alice Munro’s complete collection. I have read a couple of her books and would love the read all of them one day!
- Last page: read it first or wait till the end?
Sometimes I will read the last page! I don’t know why I do that to myself!! I am usually a patient person, but I am not a huge fan of surprises!
- Acknowledgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
I adore acknowledgements- especially when they are sentimental or funny! Sylvain Neuvel has some of my favourite acknowledgements.
- Which book character would you switch places with?
My go to answer for this question is also Elizabeth Bennet! I would love live during this time period and marry Mr. Darcy!
- Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life?
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. I read this book while on a trip to Arizona so when I think about that trip I associated it with that book. I read it by the pool and was so distracted that I got the worst sunburn of my life!
- Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.
Hmmm.. I can’t really think of anything! I guess a will talk about a cute and interesting bookstore where I buy books! I have bought many books at The Village Bookshop in Bayfield, Ontario. It is one of my favourite little towns, and it is such a cute bookstore!
- Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
I gave my brother Ready Player One because I knew he would love it! He is not a reader, but he loves 80s culture and video games. He liked it so much that he bought his own copy and returned mine to me!
- Which book has been with you to the most places?
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck- it is my favourite book and I have reread it many times. I have read it at home, at a friends camp, in the library, on a plane, etc.
- Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
I have never revisited a required reading book! I hated A Catcher in the Rye and Frankenstein but I am curious what my opinion on them would be today!
- What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
I found a leaf once? I like to imagine someone was reading outside in the forest and had nothing but a leaf to use as a bookmark.
- Used or brand new?
I prefer brand new books, but I like the prices of used books a lot more! I also love the thrill of finding a book I have been dying to read that is in good condition!
- Have you ever read a Dan Brown?
Yes, I have tried and I have failed! Dan Brown just is not for me!
- Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
I think I am going with Julie and Julia! I thought the book was alright, but the movies was adorable! Meryl Streep is so talented and really does Julia Child justice!
- A book that NEVER should have been published.
I think every book has worth but in my opinion Almost Moon by Alice Sebold!
- Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks being excluded from this question?
Harry Potter obviously!! There is so much amazing food in that world! I can not wait to go to Universal and try butter beer!
- Who is the person whose book advice you will always take? My university roommate! She is my only friend who loves read as much as I do, and we have very similar taste in books. It makes me sad that we don’t live in the same city anymore so can’t share books as often.
I know it says to tag people I have done so many tags lately! Please consider yourself tagged if this post interests you!! I would love to see your answers!